Mother nature has given us a gift that we could utilize and use in the field of medicine. All the herbs, plants and even flowers have a scent called terpene. Each of terpene is used for different purposes. Like lavender, it is used to help people fall asleep. There are more benefits this kind of product can do. What are the other effects? Read them below:
- It’s a good anti-oxidant. If you want to clean the toxic inside your body, the terpenes are an incredible agent as anti-oxidant. The terpineol which is found in terpene is the best for this benefit.
- It also helps when you are reducing weight. Some medical marijuana is very helpful when it comes to weight loss. The limonene is a good fat burner that can be found in terpene. It has a lemony scent which is not just good for weight loss but also carries other benefits such as cancer treatment and prevention.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agents. The terpene is also good for alleviating pain. This is why it is often used as an effective anti-inflammatory. Most common terpene for this one is the myrcene.
- Helps in aiding you to sleep. Indica strain is the most common terpene used when it comes to inducing sleep. The myrcene has also a calming sedative that provides not only for better sleep but as well as pain relief and muscle relaxation.
- Relieves anxiety and treats depression. If the terpenes have been used properly, it can effectively help you if you have anxiety and depression. The strain good for this one is Linalool. Another terpene good for treating stress and anxiety.
How to Buy Terpenes? What things to consider?
- What type of terpene do you want to buy? There are actually hundreds of types of terpenes out there. Each type has its own unique character and aroma. There are terpenes you can use for relieving stress, there are used for anti-bacterial, there are also used for helping to sleep. It is essential that you have to know which type you want to buy. This is to explore the benefits of each type.
- Make sure you also consider the purity. If you don’t know what purity you want, you may not know that the supplier is already cutting the agent of aroma. The purity of the terpenes is very essential since the effectiveness of it will matter with this feature. If you lose the effectiveness, you will also result in less control on the flavor. Some supplier cuts down the purity of the product to gain more profit. You are not aware of this because it’s not written on the label. So, you have to make sure you only buy from reliable sources.
- The freshness is also important. If a terpene is properly stored and blended recently, it can still be fresh. But often times delivery takes longer. That is why some supplier blends it with other products to make it better.
- Lastly, the potency. If you buy terpenes some suppliers cut down the aromatic effect of terpenes, it does not improve the flavor and eventually lose its effectiveness. Potent terpenes will have a great effect, aromatic and have a robust flavor.